CDC300 - Using Door and Frame Standards
(8 Hours) (24 CEP points)
Knowledge of the many door and frame standards is essential to properly detail these products in shop drawings. These standards contain a wealth of information and can be used to establish levels of quality for all types of buildings.
This class covers the following industry standards:
- Steel Door Institute's (SDI) A250 Series of Product Standards
- Hollow Metal Manufacturers Association (HMMA) 800 Series of Product Standards
- Window and Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA) I.S. 1-A & I.S. 6-A
- Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) Quality Standards, 8th Edition, Ver. 2.0, 2005
- Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) A115 & A115W Series of Product Standards
STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THE FOLLOWING:
- Steel Door Institute's SDI Fact File (Suggested electronic format)
- Hollow Metal Manufacturers Association's (HMMA) Hollow Metal Manual
- Window and Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA) IS-1A (2011) Architectural Flush
- Wood Doors and IS-6A (2013) Architectural Stile and Rail Wood Doors
- Architectural Woodwork Institute's (AWI) Architectural Woodwork Standards (2nd edition) 2014
- Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association's (BHMA) A115 Standard for preparations in steel doors and frames and wood doors.