Spring Western Technical School
The Sheraton Cavalier Hotel no longer has availability for the Spring National Technical School. We’re pleased to provide links to several hotels in the area:
DHI Canada expands its support of its students.
We are pleased to announce that a scholarships are being offered for this Spring Western Technical School (May 29 - June 2, 2023) and the Fall Eastern Technical School in Mississauga, ON (November 27 - December 1, 2023). To apply, click here.
What’s New at the Western Technical School
We are pleased to announce the 2023 Western Technical School in Calgary. The curriculum offers our students a variety of courses to enhance their skills within the door and hardware industry. As always we have dedicated instructors who are ready to impart their knowledge.
- EHC Exam Prep … It’s been awhile since this course has been offered so we are pleased to be able to add it to the schedule. The Exam Prep course is designed to prep our students and complete the Electrified Hardware Consultant certification exam.
- Scholarship … the launch of our scholarship program in 2022 was resounding success. Our scholarship winners have benefited and come back for more courses. Apply online at DHI Scholarships.
And Be Sure to Remember
Students should make a note of the recommended pre-requisites for their selected courses. If you haven’t taken the pre-requisites or gained the necessary experience, your results may be less than favourable.
Courses run daily from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Registration Fee includes: tuition, course material, breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks
- There are no prerequisite courses required to take any course, however, there are recommended preparative courses and/or comparable knowledge or experience necessary to help students successfully complete specific courses. These details are listed in the course description along with the Learning Outcome Statements provided for each course.
- Some highly technical, complex courses may require that if the student has not completed the recommended preparative courses, they are still required to successfully complete a complimentary knowledge assessment exam prior to taking the course. This is critical for the student to demonstrate familiarity with the prerequisite knowledge to prepare them to successfully complete the course and exam.
- Even where not required, these complimentary knowledge assessment exams are available in DHI TopClass to be used as a guide for the student to determine their preparedness to take a class. However, the course description and Learning Outcome Statements should also be reviewed completely as the assessment exams may not cover all topics included in a course.
- Reference the DHI Education Resource Guide for complete information – www.dhi.org/education.
- DHI recommends to new students, and those with minimum field experience, that they follow the suggested education path when registering for classes.
Exam Prep Courses
- Exam prep courses are designed to assess student's skills and knowledge in preparation for taking the certification exams.
Registration Fee Policies
- Member fee applies to all DHI individual member and corporate distributor members.
- Registration fee includes tuition, course material, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks.
- A $200 administration fee will be applied to cancellations received until May 5, 2023.
- After May 5, 2023, no refunds will be given but substitutions will be allowed at any time.
Required References and Technical Catalogues
- For courses requiring reference materials and/or product catalogues, we recommend students ship them directly to the hotel, to be held in their name, in sufficient time for arrival before classes start.
- Students can also bring their laptop into class to access these resource materials online.
- Registrations are processed in the order they are received.
- In cases where a class is sold out, registrants are placed on a wait list.
- If students are not able to attend the course of their choice, they may opt to transfer to another course, or another DHI Canada class session, or seek a refund.
- Classes may be cancelled if a minimum number of 5 students are not registered.
- The Sheraton Cavalier Hotel no longer has availability for the Spring National Technical School.
- We’re pleased to provide links to several hotels in the area:
How to Register
Multiple Registration Discount – Member companies registering 5 or more employees are entitled to a 5% discount. Discount is calculated on the online form.
To register, you can either use our secure online server or simply download the printable Registration Form (PDF Format), fill it out completely and mail or fax your completed registration to the address/fax number indicated on the form.