Eastern Fall Technical School
November 28 - December 2, 2022
Delta Ottawa City Centre
101 rue Lyon Street, Ottawa, ON K1R 5T9
Last Minute Announcements
- We’re pleased to announce that Amber Winter, DHT, DHC, is the recipient of DHI Canada’s Fall Technical School scholarship. Amber is one of our most avid students and she’s well on her way to earning her AHC.
- Thank you to others who submitted their scholarship application. We had so many deserving candidates, it was a difficult decision. We encourage you to submit your application for future national schools.
Student Appreciation Night
- Our thanks to Ambico Limited who will once again sponsor our Student Appreciation Night.
- This includes return transportation, a tour of the Ambico plant and complimentary food and beverage
- The deadline to make your hotel reservations has been extended until we run out of rooms – and that can happen any time. The group rate of $189 is still in place. Please use this link to make your reservation:
- Book your group rate for DHI Technical School Meeting
DHI Technical School Meeting
Start Date: Sunday, November 27, 2022
End Date: Saturday, December 3, 2022
See You in November… in Ottawa
We are pleased to provide details of our third and final technical school for 2022. The curriculums for our 2022 national schools have been designed to take students through a structured learning experience that will lead them well on their way to earning the credentials they seek or to expanding their knowledge in the areas of their specialty. The relocation to the new Ottawa venue has been a great success and we look forward to welcoming students back.
Here are the highlights of what our Ottawa school will offer...
- Advanced Electrified Architectural Hardware (EHC433) … Building on the fundamentals learned in COR133, this course will teach you how to take the lead in coordinating electrified hardware devices that your company supplies. Through hands-on electrified hardware exercises, you will learn how different systems work together to create secure and fully functional electrified openings. EHC433 – essential to advancing your electrified hardware expertise.
- Advanced Detailing Doors, Frames & Hardware (DHC307) … Following on the principles learned in the introductory and intermediate detailing courses, this advanced course takes students through a series of challenging class exercises designed to develop their decision-making skills. Students will learn the step-bystep sequence employed by Architectural Hardware Consultants (AHCs) as they evaluate door openings and select hardware products to create door assemblies in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Writing Hardware Specifications (DHSC315) … an essential course that teaches students how to write clear, concise, correct, and complete hardware specifications using the Construction Specifications Institute's (CSI) MasterFormat™ as a guide.
And Be Sure to Remember...
Students should make a note of the recommended pre-requisites for their selected courses. If you haven’t taken the pre-requisites or gained the necessary experience, your results may be less than favourable.
Courses run daily - 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Registration Fee includes: tuition, course material, breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks
Registration Fee Policies
Required References and Technical Catalogues
How to Register
Multiple Registration Discount – Member companies registering 5 or more employees are entitled to a 5% discount. Discount is calculated on the online form.
To register, you can either use our secure online server or simply download the printable Registration Form (PDF Format), fill it out completely and mail or fax your completed registration to the address/fax number indicated on the form.