DHI Ontario Chapter Regional School
SOLD OUT! Door, Frame, and Architectural Hardware Applications - (COR117)
September 12 - 15, 2022 (Changed from July 18-21, 2022)
BG Distribution, 750 Cochrane Drive, Markham ON L3R 8E1
Fee: Members - $2,340 (plus HST) | Non-Members - $2,740 (plus HST)
Recommended Prior Courses:
- COR101 – Fundamentals of Architectural Doors and Hardware
- COR102 – Introduction to Building Codes
Today’s construction projects use some of the most advanced materials and products ever made. Fire- rated and means of egress door openings have specify requirements they must meet to be able to function correctly. This course teaches you about the doors and frames (e.g., hollow metal, wood, and aluminum) in use today. Many hardware items can be employed in more than one application, and knowing which application is correct for a particular opening will make you indispensable to your customers and clients. An assortment of product samples are used in this course to help you identify many of the hardware items in use today.
You will learn how to:
- Read door and frame details
- Determine wall/partition construction
- Select frame types and anchors
- Explain different types of door and frame construction
- Use door accessories (e.g., lite kits, louvers)
- Size special-purpose hinges (e.g., wide-throw)
- Learn the application of raised-barrel hinges and swing-clear hinges
- Select proper strike plates
- Size push/pull bars
- Resolve closer/overhead stop/holder conflicts
- Size thresholds and saddles
Registration Fee Policies
- Member fee applies to all DHI individual members or any employee of a corporate
- Registration fee includes tuition, course material, continental breakfast, lunch
- A $200 administration fee will be applied to cancellations received until September 2, 2022; no refunds after this date.
Multiple Registration Discount
- Companies that register five or more employees are entitled to a reduced registration fee based on the number of students enrolled. Contact DHI Canada for more information – 416-492-6502 or email@example.com
- Classes run daily from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Exam takes place on Thursday, September 15, 2022
- This class might be cancelled if there are fewer than 5 students registered.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate all student registrations.
We have not secured a room block for the Ontario Regional School. For those requiring hotel accommodation, we suggest you contact the Radisson Hotel Markham. It is an 8-minute walk from BG Distribution and it has an onsite restaurant
To register, you can use our secure online server or simply download our printable Registration Form (PDF), and mail or fax your completed Registration to the address indicated on the form.