Atlantic Provinces Regional School
DHT Exam Prep (DHT120) and DHT/DHC Exams
April 25-27, 2022
Hampton Inn & Suites Halifax-Dartmouth, 65 Cromarty Drive, Dartmouth, NS B3B 0G2
|Instructors:||Tim Ettinger, AHC/DHT/DHC/CFDAI
Brian Charette, AHC
Students pursuing the Door Hardware Technician (DHT) designation will review material and complete in-class exercises that cover the 8 segments of the exam, Hardware, Doors & Frames, Electrified Hardware and Access Control, Keying, Project Management, Codes, Contract Documents, and Coordination, that are found on the DHT exam. You will leave this class with a firm understanding of what you need to know to be prepared for the DHT credentialing exam. Students are not required to have taken all of the review courses, attendees may have obtained this knowledge through other education or on the job training.
You will review material from the follow intermediate level courses:
- COR103 – Understanding and Using Construction Documents
- COR117 – Door, Frame and Architectural Hardware Applications
- COR123 – Using Door, Frame and Hardware Standards
- COR133 – Electrified Architectural HardwareCOR140 –
- Using Codes & Standards
- COR146 – Introduction to Detailing Doors, Frames and HardwareCOR147 –
- Introduction to Specification Writing
- COR153 – Installation Coordination and Project Management
- COR163 – Developing Masterkey Sytems
- DHC205 – Intermediate Detailing Doors, Frames and Hardware
The computerized DHT credentialing exam will be administered on Day 3 of the DHT120 course. Students who complete the course and pass the DHT exam will receive the Door & Hardware Technician Credential. Students who pass the DHC exam will receive the Door & Hardware Consultant Credential.
COVID-19 - The Atlantic Chapter regional school will abide by all protocols and restrictions in place at the time of the school. These details will be confirmed with students as they become available.
Registration Fee Policies
- Member fee applies to all DHI individual members or any employee of a corporate member.
- Registration fee includes tuition, course material, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- A $200 administration fee will be applied to cancellations received until April 8, 2022; no refunds after this date. Substitutions available at any time.
Multiple Registration Discount
- Companies that register five or more employees are entitled to a reduced registration fee based on the number of students enrolled. Contact DHI Canada for more information – 416-492-6502 or email@example.com
- Classes run daily Monday, April 25 - Tuesday, April 26, 2022 from 8:00 am - 4:45 pm
- Class continues on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 from 8:00 am - 11:30 am.
- DHT and DHC Exams begin at 12:30 pm and ends 4:30 pm.
- This class might be cancelled if there are fewer than 5 students registered.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate all student registrations.
A block of rooms (April 24-27, 2022) is available for the DHI Canada group at the discounted rate of $139.00 (standard) which will be available to book until midnight on April 9, 2022 or until the block is full; whichever occurs first. To make reservations, you can either copy & paste your customized link below into your web browser and select the correct dates or call toll free at 1-877-406-7701 and quote group code DHI. http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/reservations/index.jhtml?
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!