Hallmark Hardware Corporation
Division 8 Installer
Do you enjoy Architecture, Construction, Installations, and contributing to making a positive impact to the industry? Looking for an amazing opportunity to apply your skills to install, service and repair of wood and hollow metal doors, frames and related hardware?
Hallmark Hardware has an opening for you!
At Hallmark Hardware, we provide integrated and intuitive solutions to our customers. Our company specializes in fabrication, distribution and installation of doors, frames and hardware for Residential, Commercial, Institutional, Industrial and Detention construction in British Columbia.
We are seeking an energetic person who takes pride and ownership in their work to join our team.
Here are the deliverables…
Working with your project manager, provide installation and service of doors and hardware for new projects. Commit to Doors and Hardware Institute (DHI) training. Grow into senior position as your experience and industry knowledge expand.
Specifically, you must be able to provide:
- Ability to read architectural drawings, floor plans, hardware schedule and hardware installation instructions to determine the right hardware and its proper installation for each opening.
- Meet installation objectives; Plan the installation process after inspecting the site.
- Inspect the openings, doors, frames and hardware for installation purposes
- Use various hand and power tools to perform installations
- Gather all the equipment required for the installation
- Take accurate measurements using levels rulers and other measurement tools
- Measure, cut, and shape wood, plastic, and other materials
- Align yourself with any revisions to the plans that may be presented and act accordingly
- Accurate doors, frames and hardware installation as per manufacturers specifications, drawings and industry standards
- Clear and ongoing communication with all stakeholders
- Post-mortems to improve processes and recognize successes
- Ensure the interactions with all stakeholders lead to Hallmark Hardware being first to mind for future work
- Make sure his or her actions comply with company policies
- Solving complex issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Find ways to optimize installation methods
- Your own tools, vehicle for travel to job sites and to accommodate tools (and some materials)
- Basic PPE required for construction site access
- Make sure that all the installation work is carried by protecting the customer’s belongings at the job site
- Maintain the installations by conducting various tests and resolving the problems
- Prepare reports of the installation and the repair work done on the site
- Handle any work-related problems on the site and resolve customer complaints
- Make sure that installation projects are completed on time.
Desired skills and traits…
- Good carpentry skills and general knowledge of tools
- Familiarity with construction drawings & specifications
- 5-10 years of experience of working with commercial doors and hardware
- Passionate about exceeding customer expectations and being the expert
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Any designation through Doors and Hardware Institute (DHI) is an asset
- Personal Suitability:
- Organized, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Client focus
- Ability to work well within a team environment but also a strong independent worker
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Sitting, Standing for extended periods
- Knowledge within the trade of doors, frames, and hardware is required
- Desire to learn and demonstrates the ability to listen and question to determine the best solution
- Good understanding of job site safety and Worksafe BC regulations
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, ability to multi-task with advanced problem solving techniques
- Uphold high value for customer service relationships
- Agrees with and champions the Hallmark Hardware brand in all situations
Goals for your growth…
- Using experience and knowledge as they relate to building codes, life safety, and accessibility
- Direct communication with customers via phone, email, or jobsite visits
- Determining and adequately meeting project schedules & deadlines
- Expand your knowledge into specialty hardware (detention, electrified, etc) and its application
- Earn experience within company and expand your knowledge through DHI and hardware manufacturer’s studies to become Installations Manager
- Mentor company employees on doors and hardware installation details
What Hallmark Hardware offers for the right candidate…
- Great compensation package and the starting salary will commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth and make a positive impact to the industry
- Chance to work in a fast paced, team focused, rapidly growing company
- Full time hours
- Paid Time Off, Holidays and day off for birthday
- Comprehensive and 80% company funded Health and Dental Plan, Life insurance
- Company sponsored DHI and other studies to enhance the knowledge
Intended job posting audience: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job.
Please email your resume to email@example.com